Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Ideas, Overflowing Inspiration

I've been spinning like a madwoman for the past several weeks, and now suddenly I have the urge to weave. The first idea bouncing around in my head is to learn the fundamentals of Backstrap Weaving. This site in particular, Backstrap Weaving by Laverne Waddington, just sends my brain into over-time with inspiration and excitement. She's truly a master of weaving, story-telling, and inspirational photography.

There was a post I read about making circular rugs from t-shirt scraps on a hula-hoop frame. Suddenly I feel like going home, cutting up all the t-shirts I'll never wear, and weaving or crocheting rag rugs. I can easily picture that turning into an investment in some good fabric dyes, to supplement the colors already found in my t-shirt stash.

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/hula-hoop-rug-995304/
Hula Hoop Rug
by Nicole Blasenak Shapiro From FamilyFun Magazine


I've also been itching to spend more evenings making floral hair clips, both to increase my own stash to wear while dancing and to sell on etsy and at dance events. And speaking of dance, I'm finally well-stocked on skirts and hip belts, so I really want to sew several pairs of pants for my costume closet. And then I want to embroidery and stitch together fancy hip belts and tassel belts.


How about you? What projects are lurking in your brain, inspiring you to get into creative production mode?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cat!

    Right now I've got calligraphy and illumination in my head, with three scrolls I'm working on and want to get done before June. The other couple of things are learning to knit socks (I've started my first pair :) and getting back to more embroidery.

    Wouldn't it be nice to just have a week (or more) somewhere to just work on crafty things?

    ReplyDelete