I started the replacement tassels for Nat's dance belt, and after making tassels and attaching two of them, I took photos in the early morning sunshine yesterday.
|Tassel attachment loop has button-thread core, wrapped in hand-spun bulky wool|
|Two bulky yarns used: Blue and Multi-colored.|
Half the tassels are wrapped in blue, half in the multi-color yarn.
No new finished floral hair clips yet, but I've been experimenting with adding glitter to the tips of some fabric flowers. The photos are bizarre, but they give me the impression that I might work with different glue on the next round. These were dipped into a white craft glue then dipped into glitter. I'm not sure I like how solid the glitter looks. I think I'd rather see a lighter (more sparce) application.
|Geranium garland: flowers removed, separated.|
Then petals tipped in glue and glitter.
More glitter flower pictures: http://www.cayswann.com/v/Projects/2011/floral_supplies/
Tonight: Off to pick up some custom feathers I ordered! *grin*